CONCERTPIANIST – SINGER – COMPOSER
“Every song swings in great fashion” Sydsvenskan
“Her very personal Latin-Jazz style swings very beautifully” Lira Magazine
Naranjo’s “Soleil”…with its closing drama of pounding piano and high-piches accordion, is enjoyably dramatic..” SONGLINES Magazine about album Infinity with Duo Naranjo-Weurlander
TANIA NARANJO’s music is of a theater of emotions. Tania grew up in Santiago, Chile. Early on she came in contact with, and developed a strong passion for, Classical piano and Chilean folk music. Tania is an established pianist and singer living in Sweden. She has been touring in Scandinavia and perfomed in International Festivals all over the world in solo concerts, with symphony orchestras and with her own constellations. In Tania’s compositions and her musical expression there is room for a driving rhythm along with creativity and improvisation which can be heard i.e. on her solo album “La industria del miedo “ . Her music is inspired by jazz, Argentine tango, 20th century modern composers and urban Chilean music along with Andean folk music.
“SOLEIL” , kindly commissioned by The Swedish National Radio was premiered by Duo Naranjo-Weurlander at the World Music Gala, “Folk & Världsmusikgalan”, the 18th of Mars 2017 at the Helsingborg Concerthall, broadcasted live by the Swedish National Radio P2.
Naranjo’s “Soleil”…with its closing drama of pounding piano and high-piches accordion, is enjoyably dramatic..” SONGLINES MAGAZINE (about Duo Naranjo-Weurlander “Infinity”)
TANIA performed her songs for CHILES PRESIDENT 11 May 2016 Tania Naranjo performed her music during the first official visit of Chiles President Michelle Bachelet in Sweden at the invitation of His Majesty the King. (at Stockholm-Waterfront Congress Center)
TV & CHILE TOUR Tania toured also in Chile SOLO, with group and Symphony Orchestra. TV Senado broadcasted live her SOLO concert at Chiles National Congress
Swedish National Radio SRP2, TV4, SVT, YLE Radio Vega Finland, Polish National Radio , TV Skierniewice (Poland) & TV SENADO, Radio U.de Chile, Radio Cámara has done documentaries about her music & projects
ARTIST COLLABORATIONS Tania Naranjo has performed with Marcelo Nisinman, Arja Saijonmaa, Susana Rinaldi, Svante Henryson, Morgan Ågren, Patricio Wang, Anders Bergcrantz, Mattias Pérez, Mats Edén, Marcelo Mercadante, Minna Weurlander, Tina Quartey, Catharina Backman, Paolo Russo, Edith Tamayo, Jorge Alcaide, Rocío Olalde and many more.
SOLO ARTIST As solo artist she works often with ensembles and Symphony orchestras like: MSO Malmö Symphony Orchestra, the Swedish Wind Ensemble, Gislaved Symphony Orchestra, Gotlands Sinfonietta, Västernorrlands Symfoniorkester (Sweden),MAV Symphony Orchestra (Budapest-Liszt Academy), Orquesta Sinfónica Regional de Atacama and many others.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR She has been artistic director of experimental music projects like “Orange Tech & Latin Ensemble” and “VIOLETA PARRA 100 years TRIBUTE” She is currently artistic director for a new festival in Sweden “Piano unlimited” 2018.
COMPOSER Tania has composed music for theater, film productions and collaborated with Danza Urbana in Hamburg. Tania was “Artist in residence” at Circolo Scandinavo in Rome 2016
Tania has released her solo album “La industria del miedo” and “Entwined” & “INFINITY” with Duo Naranjo-Weurlander
Tania Naranjo is supported by the Swedish Arts Council, the Swedish Arts Grants Committee, the Swedish Performing Arts Agency, Crafoord Foundation & Sten K Johnsons Foundation. Tania is one of the “IRIS Stipendiet” awarded women 2018
Duo Naranjo-Weurlander is one of Scandinavian most successfull crossover ensambles. Tania plays and composes together with Finnish concert accordionist Minna Weurlander now touring worldwide.
Selection of international tours & festivals:
- Artistic leader for new festival “Piano Unlimited” (Sweden)
- Umeå International Jazzfestival with Duo NW (Sweden)
- Artistic leader, producer & composer “Violeta Parra 100 år GALA” (Sweden)
- Solo concert at National Congress of Chile broadcasting Live by TV Senado(Chile)
- Kauno valstybinė filharmonija & VILNIUS LIETUVOS NATIONALINE FILHARMONIJA with DuoNW (Lithuania)
- “Fabulous Swedish Jazz” in Hamburg with Duo NW (Germany)
- “Sunfest” & “Kultrunfestival” with Duo NW (Canada)
- Scenkonstbiennalen “Det deepest place” Opera (Sweden)
- Performance at ISPA congress in Malmö Live with Duo NW (Sweden)
- Paris tour with Duo NW (France)
- “Musika be sienu”, “Tytuvėnų vasaros festivalis” & “Palanga- International M.K.Ciurlionis music festival” World premier own composition for soprano & piano Dura tocata panéfica with lyrics by Pablo Naranjo Golborne (Lithuania)
- “Camaríssima” Auditorio Blas Galindo, “Castillo de Chapultepec” (Mexico City)
- “Ethosfera festival” Recorded by TV Skierniewice (Poland)
- “Súmmartónar” (Faroes Islands tour)
- Concierto de Nácar with MAV Symphony Orchestra, Trio Nisinman conducted by Gál Támás in Budapest (Recorded by Radio Bartók)-Liszt Academy (Hungary)
- “Vinterjazz” Copenhaguen with Duo NW (Denmark)
- “Stockholms Kulturfestival”,“Women in jazz”,“Umefolk”, “Umeå Jazzfestival, Julita festivalen, and many more (Sweden)
- “Música junto al río” (Recorded by ARTV Chile) “Semanas musicales de Olmué” and many more (Chile)