CONCERTPIANIST – SINGER – COMPOSER
“Every song swings in great fashion”
“Her very personal Latin-Jazz style swings very beautifully”
TANIA NARANJO’s music is of a theater of emotions. Tania grew up in Santiago, Chile. Early on she came in contact with, and developed a strong passion for, Classical piano and Chilean folk music. Tania is an established pianist and singer living in Sweden. She has been touring in Scandinavia and perfomed in International Festivals all over the world in solo concerts, with symphony orchestras and with her own constellations. In Tania’s compositions and her musical expression there is room for a driving rhythm along with creativity and improvisation which can be heard i.e. on her solo album “La industria del miedo “ . Her music is inspired by jazz, Argentine tango, 20th century modern composers and urban Chilean music along with Andean folk music.
“SOLEIL” , kindly commissioned by The Swedish National Radio was premiered by Duo Naranjo-Weurlander at the World Music Gala, “Folk & Världsmusikgalan”, the 18th of Mars 2017 at the Helsingborg Concerthall, broadcasted live by the Swedish National Radio P2.
11 May 2016 Tania Naranjo performed her music during the first official visit of Chiles President Michelle Bachelet in Sweden at the invitation of His Majesty the King. (at Stockholm-Waterfront Congress Center)
Tania toured also in Chile SOLO, with group and Symphony Orchestra. TV Senado broadcasted live her SOLO concert at Chiles National Congress
She has performed with Marcelo Nisinman, Arja Saijonmaa, Susana Rinaldi, Svante Henryson, Morgan Ågren, Patricio Wang, Mattias Pérez, Mats Edén, Marcelo Mercadante and many more.
As solo artist she works often with ensembles and Symphony orchestras like: MSO Malmö Symphony Orchestra, the Swedish Wind Ensemble, Gislaved Symphony Orchestra, Gotlands Sinfonietta, Västernorrlands Symfoniorkester (Sweden),MAV Symphony Orchestra (Budapest-Liszt Academy), Orquesta Sinfónica Regional de Atacama and many others.
She has been artistic director of experimental music projects like “Orange Tech & Latin Ensemble” and “VIOLETA PARRA 100 years TRIBUTE” and composed music for theater, film productions and collaborated with Danza Urbana in Hamburg. Tania was “Artist in residence” at Circolo Scandinavo in Rome, april 2016
Tania has released her solo album “La industria del miedo” and “Entwined” & “INFINITY” with Duo Naranjo-Weurlander
This year she will be Artistic leader for a new crossover project “Piano unlimited” (more info coming soon)
Tania Naranjo is supported by the Swedish Arts Council, the Swedish Arts Grants Committee, the Swedish Performing Arts Agency, Crafoord Foundation & Sten K Johnsons Foundation
Selection of international tours & festivals:
- Artistic leader, producer & composer “Violeta Parra 100 år GALA” (Sweden)
- Solo concert at National Congress of Chile broadcasting Live by TV Senado(Chile)
- Kauno valstybinė filharmonija & VILNIUS LIETUVOS NATIONALINE FILHARMONIJA with DuoNW (Lithuania)
- “Fabulous Swedish Jazz” in Hamburg with Duo NW (Germany)
- “Sunfest” & “Kultrunfestival” with Duo NW (Canada)
- Scenkonstbiennalen “Det deepest place” Opera (Sweden)
- Performance at ISPA congress in Malmö Live with Duo NW (Sweden)
- Paris tour with Duo NW (France)
- “Musika be sienu”, “Tytuvėnų vasaros festivalis” & “Palanga- International M.K.Ciurlionis music festival” World premier own composition for soprano & piano Dura tocata panéfica with lyrics by Pablo Naranjo Golborne (Lithuania)
- “Camaríssima” Auditorio Blas Galindo, “Castillo de Chapultepec” (Mexico City)
- “Ethosfera festival” Recorded by TV Skierniewice (Poland)
- “Súmmartónar” (Faroes Islands tour)
- Concierto de Nácar with MAV Symphony Orchestra, Trio Nisinman conducted by Gál Támás in Budapest (Recorded by Radio Bartók)-Liszt Academy (Hungary)
- “Vinterjazz” Copenhaguen with Duo NW (Denmark)
- “Stockholms Kulturfestival”,“Women in jazz”,“Umefolk”, “Umeå Jazzfestival, Julita festivalen, and many more (Sweden)
- “Música junto al río” (Recorded by ARTV Chile) “Semanas musicales de Olmué” and many more (Chile)